HUMP DAYYYY!
Happy Wednesday kids! So I've come to notice this is becoming more of a monthly blog which hey, I'm okay with because it takes a lot of my already dead brain to put something together. And tonight it is specifically painful as I am dying of a migraine, but I felt I needed to put something together as this past weekend I did a lot of thinking.
The few friends I have, let me tell you, they are amazing. New, old, near or far, they are there when I need them. My best friend graduated from university and had a party at her house and I was lucky enough to be invited to join the festivities. Some of the people in attendance I'd never met before, some I hadn't seen since high school and some I knew but wasn't overly close with. You know, I had the best time. I was out of my comfort zone. I was meeting new people. I was laughing and having the best time with the greatest people and you never know who you will meet until you push yourself out of that comfort zone or out of your own bubble. "B" has the greatest friends and it's not that I never knew them, it was that I'd never taken the time to get to know them when I was younger.
As you grow older you become friends with people who in high school you never talked to or associated with or complete strangers. The sad thing is, is that I put so much time into the friendships I had in high school and I don't even talk to half of those people anymore. Most of them either have kids or are married by now and I'm all over here like, "heyyyy, I'm still being single and awesome…" haha just kidding. But honestly though, everyone has moved on with their lives and its not who you were in high school anymore. I go home every so often and I still see some of the same people hanging out in the same groups doing the exact same thing they did every Saturday night. Getting drunk and hooking up with the same people. I mean yea, sure, if you are leading a fulfilling life I'm not here to judge you, but there is more to life than getting drunk every weekend and there is a hell of a lot more to life than Strathmore.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you. Thank you to the people who have stuck around. Thank you to the newest people in my life for being there now, I'm glad your here! And thank you to the assholes who left, because without the pain, there would be no lessons to learn and no way to know that I deserve better.
xoxo cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment